martes, 7 de mayo de 2013

Me Made May - Week 1 - Update

*** UPDATE***
I failed miserably during my first attempt at joining in on the MMM13-fun... The reasons why I failed are as follows:

1/ The weather - I don't have a lot of me-made winter clothes, and May was much like winter here... I got tired of wearing the same 5 things all the time pretty quickly.
2/ Moving house - We bought an apartment in March and moved in May, so I didn't want to ruin my hand-made things while filling and transporting boxes and painting and cleaning and so on.
3/ Daily photos - I got tired of this before I got tired of wearing the same thing over and over again.

Next year I will be entering again, and I am counting on it that the weather will be better, although I have a few cold-weather proof items that I am planning. Think pencil-skirts (adore those!), another Violet, another pair of trousers (I just wore out my last pair of jeans :-(  and maybe a Watson-cape.

Hope I do better next year... 

****************************************

The first week of Me Made May is coming to an end, and it was easier than I thought even though the weather wasn't really perfect for all the summery dresses I have waiting to show you.

As I said in my pledge, I will wear at least one Me-made item of clothing everyday, but I will have repeats, I am just the kind of girl that wears the same outfit more than one day in a row...

Here are the pictures of last week. I only have 3 pictures of me actually wearing my creations due to the bad weather and because my photographer wasn't around a lot last week. Hopefully next week will be better... Once we get the hang of things and kind of develop a routine, I'm sure the pictures will improve.


 First up, my polkadot blouse. Looks pretty from afar, but is far from pretty up close. The fabric I bought at a local fabric store here in Santander and was from the remnants table. The pattern came from Patrones, the Spanish version of Burda. If you think Burda is scarce with explanations, Patrones is even worse. You can't see it in this picture, nor when I am wearing the shirt, but I couldn't manage to sew on the front piece like it was supposed to be, so there are gaps on both sides of the shirt, yes actual holes where I can fit my finger through!

The Dress is a completely different story. It is Butterick 5559. It came together really easy, the fit is fantastic and I look kick-ass in it. Pictures of me wearing the dress will probably soon be up, because it is one of my favourite pieces of clothing. I made this with a fabric from my stash. I bought it last year in London and it is just fantastic... 
The inspiration for making this dress came from this post. I have another knit sitting in my stash and I am almost 100% sure I'm making this dress again. That way I will have a winter version and a summer version. YES!


Sunday we had great weather so we went for icecream and a nice picture. The pattern for the tunic comes from Knipmode, a Dutch magazine and I got the fabric at a fabric-/DIY-fair in Belgium.

The second one is Colette's Violet in a silky fabric from Rafael Matias in Bilbao, my new fabric-walhalla. I'm planning a post on my Violet later, so you will definitely see more of that one. Sorry for the hair in this picture, today was not my best-hair day ever...

The pants are a Burda pattern and the fabric is also a London find. They're really comfortable and great for a cool spring day. Too bad I only have one single sweater that goes with them...And my right leg looks really weird in this picture, in real life my butt looks better, believe me...


In addition to wearing a me-made garment everyday I am actually working on two other projects and have another three queued up after those and bought a two patterns for a skirt because I don´t have any decent skirt that fits me properly... So I will be back soon. 

XO

2 comentarios:

  1. Lovely me-made garments!!! Your violet version is very nice. Did you visit de second floor in Rafael Matias? The outlet space? In the first floor the fabrics are sooooo expensive!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you!
    Everything I bought on my birthday is from the first floor, but not the really expensive stuff... But they do have some gorgeous bolts lying around...
    I bought 2 things in the outlet section too, they have some nice pieces lying around there! I love their store!!

    ResponderEliminar